The English Premier League (EPL) is the highest level of the English soccer league system. It is also the most-watched sports league on the planet, reaching more than 643 million homes or 4.7 billion audiences. That is more than half the population of the world. If you are a soccer punter, you are certainly going to bet on this league. It is home to some of the world’s most popular and richest leagues and players. Finding Premier League Predictions is one of the best ways to increase your chances of winning on your bets in the best soccer league in the world.
About the EPL
20 clubs participate in the EPL. It works on a system of promotion and relegation and is connected to the English Football League (EFL). The league’s season runs from August through May and each club plays 38 games. As already mentioned, this is the most-watched sports league. It also has the highest aggregated attendance at over 14.5 million.
If you are looking for Premier League Predictions, it is best to start by learning some key points about this league:
- Each EPL club has to play once at home and once away
- Each team gets 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, and 0 points for a loss
- Rankings are made based on total points, goal difference, and goals scored
- When there is a tie, a play-off match is held on a neutral field
Promotions & Relegations
As already mentioned, there is a connection between the EPL and the EFL for promotion and relegation. The rules are as follows:
- The 3 lowest placed clubs from the EPL get relegated to the EFL Championship
- The top 2 clubs from the EFL get promoted to the EPL
- The play-offs between the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th clubs in the EFL result in the promotion of one more team to the EPL
The most successful clubs in the Premier League are as follows:
- Manchester United: 13 wins
- Chelsea: 5 wins
- Manchester City: 4 wins
- Arsenal: 3 wins
- Blackburn Rovers: 1 win
- Leicester City: 1 win
EPL Clubs in the UEFA Championship
The performance of EPL clubs in the UEFA Championship is also an important piece of information for making accurate Premier League Predictions. Some of the interesting facts about the performance of Premier League clubs in this championship are as follows:
- English clubs have recorded 13 UEFA Championship titles so far
- The most recent win was in 2019 with Liverpool winning the title against Tottenham Hotspur
- Liverpool has won the UEFA Championship title 6 times
- Manchester United has won the title 3 times
- Manchester United is the first EPL club to win the UEFA title
- EPL teams hold the record for having the most number of consecutive title wins from a single country
How to Make Premier League Predictions?
Now that you know about the important facts about the EPL, it is important to learn about all the key factors that influence Premier League Predictions.
i. Current Team & Player Forms
This is one of the most important factors for making Premier League Predictions. You should evaluate the current form of both the clubs, without concern if one side is much stronger. Keep the following points in mind when evaluating the forms:
- Current form is a much bigger factor in football than in many other types of sports
- Make sure to check up to 5 or 6 past matches to get a clear idea of the form
- If a team has been consistently winning its home matches, it is highly likely that they will keep winning in the upcoming matches
- Besides the winnings and losses, you should also check the goals scored and conceded
- Check the quality of the opposite teams
ii. Injuries & Suspensions
This is another crucial factor affecting Premier League Predictions. All clubs are going to have key players. These can be star strikers, defenders, or midfielders who influence the team’s performance in most appearances. When these players are missing the team-roster due to injuries or suspensions, the team’s performance is certainly going to get affected.
Interestingly, soccer is a team sport, but key players still have a big impact on the outcome of a match. In fact, the performance of many teams usually depends on 2 or 3 players. If those players are replaced, even the strongest teams can suffer adversely.
iii. Team Motivation
There are situations when one team can be more motivated than the other. This can be a big factor influencing Premier League Predictions. Consider the following scenarios in this regard to be able to predict a match outcome based on motivation:
- If it is a big rivalry game, both the teams are highly likely to be motivated to win
- A player playing against their former club is likely to be more motivated
- A club is likely to be more motivated to win against a club they lost recently
- A club that performed poorly in their last match is likely to perform better
- Clubs are highly likely to be more motivated during the latter half of the season
iv. History Between Clubs
An interesting thing about football is that history can repeat itself in this sport. When making Premier League Predictions, make sure to take the history of matches and trends between two teams into account. Look at the history of games between the 2 clubs for who won most matches. You can be surprised to find that even the biggest of clubs can have a history of losing or drawing against lesser teams.
You should also look at team rivalry. When 2 teams are big rivals, you should look at the trends from the past matches. An underdog that lost the last couple of matches against its rival may be highly motivated to win. Such Premier League Predictions can also give you the benefit of leveraging high odds. While everyone else is betting on the favorites, you can find great value in betting on the underdog.
So make sure to keep these factors in mind when coming up with your own Premier League Predictions. There are even more factors involved in making winning predictions. It is best to rely on the tips provided by experienced tipsters to ensure consistent winnings and profits.